Tonight the Firestarters discuss how adopting a stoic mindset aids in the pursuit of freedom and personal responsibility.
Join Kerry, Thecia, Ken, Nate, and Tim as they explore questions like:
- Have you ever gotten the sense that you were a slave to your emotional reactions and how did you go about changing that?
- In most cases, the expression of one kind of emotion is actually a cover for another emotion. As in, anger is usually a cover for fear or sadness. Can you recall a time that you experienced this? How did you address it?
- How do you handle the general societal push that we should all be “happy” all the time and overcome the entitlement mentality of “But I deserve this!”
- There is a fine line between stoicism and apathy or nihilism. What steps do you take to be sure you don’t slide down to the “dark side?”
- Some people seem to feed on giving and receiving negative energy. Have you experienced that on either end? How did you manage it?
Watch Us on:
Follow the crew:
- Brian Aleksivich
- Lettie Loo
- Tim 'Toolman' Cook
- Hawkins J
- Ken Eash
- Nate & Erin Lamaster
- Kerry Brown
- Thecia Ellis
Host your own podcast on Captivate: This podcast is hosted by Captivate, try it yourself for free.